When teaching students, how can a class get to know each other and trust each other? In 352 today we played many different team building activities. I never realized how important certain activities including strategies and corporation with all of the members of the team. To get the task done in an orderly fashion students must work hand and hand to accomplish their goals. I cannot wait to teach these activities to my students. How does everyone else feel about teaching team work to their students?
I think teaching teamwork to students is so critical and so valuable! In a "me" society many people often overlook the value in teamwork because they want all the glory. Teamwork shows cooperation and in the end everyone wins with teamwork, not just one. When I get out into the field I plan to take the whole first week of teaching and dedicate it to teamwork/ team building. It is also a great way for a teacher to see where students are in relation to working with others.
ReplyDeleteTeamwork is a huge part when it comes to teaching in a classroom, especially PE. There should never be a time where it is just "Me". Just like everyone was told there is no "I" in team. When teaching the teacher should specifically talk about teamwork because it is a huge aspect in the PE field.
ReplyDeleteTeaching teamwork is so valuable! Teamwork can be applied throughout a lifetime. I love how physical education has the oppertunity to teach students so much not only in the field but outside as well. These are lifeskills students will be able to use forever. Awesome job Kaila, I know you will do a great job teaching these skills in field and once you are hired as a teacher!
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything said! Teamwork is such a valuable skill. Not only is it important in physical education, but in every aspect of life. Students definitely need to learn how to work within a team. It is something that they will be able to use for the rest of their lives. I also think it's neat how different students take on leadership positions within the group. It's always interesting to see who steps up and provides ideas and input to the team. And Caitlin, I think it's a great idea to dedicate the first week to teamwork/trust building activities. It's a great way to break the ice and get everyone comfortable right away in your class!
ReplyDeleteTeaching team work is so important. Some times I feel teachers don't realize how valuable it really is. It is so beneficial for students to learn how to communicate with there peers, learn how to brain storm and collaborate ideas. Practice sharing your ideas openly with out diminishing others ideas.
ReplyDelete